These have been grammatically corrected by his editor, as much as his editor can grammatically correct.
One foggy afternoon at the elementary school I noticed the door that's always locked is ajar! "Oh no" I thought to myself. "I must close the door before anything escapes!"
All of the teachers were in a meeting! I searched frantically to find an adult. I aprinted into the cafeteria, dashed into the kitchen. I stumbled upon Mr. Willy. Out of breath, I quickly explained the problem. We ran from the cafeteria to the door. We were suprised to see a 25 foot python slithering it's way to freedom. "Great", I said "just great".
Suddenly, the slimy reptile spied us. It slowly slithered towards us, crushing anything in it's path. Two unlucky students who happened to be walking near the scene took the python's eyes off of us for a moment. Me and Mr. Willy knew it was our chance. We ran like madmen to the nearest door which just happened to be the office. We sprinted behind the desk. Just moments later the python slithers in. It seemed a littl fatter. "Poor kids", I thought.
While the python was searching the cabinets I shouted "Now" and me and Mr. Willy leaped over the desk into the doorway. We rushed into the cafeteria with the python at our heels. It demolished the door as if it was paper. "We're doomed" me and Mr. Willy shouted in unison.
We zig-zagged out of the cafeteria and hid behind the corner. The unlukcy Mrs. Ricahrdson's class, who was on the playground, was devoured by the huge reptile. All except David who went screaming like a little toddler across the playground and was never the same again. It bulldozed through the hallway and everyone who was pounced (?) in it's path joined Mrs. Richardson's class. It charged the gates and overthrew the dumpster. It was last seen heading down in the keys on a boat going to Africa.
"Whew, that was close." I murmered. I sprinted to the door. I held the key tightly. I slowly crept forward afraid something was about to jump out and gobble me up, but nothing did. As fast as lightning I slammed the door shut, shoved the key in the hole and turned it. Now nobody dares open the door, afraid of what will happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment